Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bad Musical Theater.

I went to see the musical Carousel this evening. It was at the local university. I can't say that this was the worst night of my life but it ranks right up there! I know that musicals of another era tend to be longer and more real to life than current musicals but this was long and boring.
On behalf of the Cast I must give them credit for trying very hard. The show was directed and choreographed exactly as the Broadway show.
Let me stop here and relay a story that happened last night at a concert I was at. The show was fantastic and the fans were relatively receptive. When the concert was over and we were all clapping the performers left the stage and came back again. The man in front of me turned and asked what they were doing? why weren't they leaving? He had never heard the word En cour. That is how I feel about theater in San Angelo. If they have never heard of the word En cour then they do not know to try to inspire one. I believe that the planning comity for the University had a great idea to bring about something new and interesting to the community. I just feel that the follow thru was lacking.
So my new today was the musical, but my new that I look forward to achieving is giving the theater another chance and seeing what New things they will be coming up with.
Remember, I love you, because...

No comments:

Post a Comment