Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The "First" of many First.

My Sister-in-law turned 50 last week and we celebrated her birth this last weekend.
A tradition that she has created in our family is that on your birthday you do something you've never done.
With that in mine I am starting this blog. This November I turn 40! End of Blog!
No really. I have decided that my something new will be a daily occurrence-Starting now. So yes, this Blog is today's new experience for the day. I am surrounded by creative friends. They write, sing, dance, act, and cross the line at every opportunity. And they all have Blogs. So, I have to do one too. OK, I know it's going thru your head..."if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" Hell yes! With bells on! So here is my jump. Here is my leap. I plan on blogging about the person I wish to become this next year. 40! That's old! Hey, it's the oldest I've ever almost been, so it's old for me! I know that 40 is the new 30 and that supposedly life begins after 40-but I am in no condition to begin anything as a 30 year old! So I did "what everyone else does" I joined a gym and went shopping and bought more fruit and veggies than one person could possibly consume in one week! But on the bright side, my pee will smell sweet and my poop will be funny colors!
I should probably stop here and explain my life philosophy.
You can't hide anything! So why try!
I am 278 pounds with or without my clothes on. I have awful teeth-smiling or not smiling. I have way more thoughts than the average person-if I share them or if I keep them to myself! So I chose to share. Oh, and I can't spell and have an absolutely horrid comprehension of the English language. But I can make you laugh! Blunt is my friend, or at least my alter ego! So be prepared for shock.
Let me share a story from my Sophomore year of college:
It was my 18th birthday. My best friend went through my address book and invited everyone. And being the person that I am, people came! Oh, I forgot to mention that this was a surprise birthday party. So I arrive for dinner and his families house is full of friends. In the kitchen are my church women friends. In the dinning room are my Sorority friends. In the back right corner of the living room are my high school friends. In the left back corner of the living room are my drama friends. In the front right corner of the living room are my Young Republican friends and then to complete the circle, in the front left corner of the living room are my Gay and Lesbian Center friends!!! This party was the reason America's funniest home videos was created!
I had a blast! I got two marriage proposals, danced my ass off, and received a very nice Laura Ashley dress that I wore to the Goth club the following night! I can not say that everyone else shares my memory. There were very many uncomfortable people, there were many shocked people and the night even ended in a fight with the cops being called and the front door being broken off the hinges! And yet, I love them all. Everyone of those friends were there because I love them. I hope my 40th lives up to that potential!
That being said, I go back to "I love you Because." I am currently listening to a musical by that title. It is beautiful. And the easiest way to describe my life philosophy. I love you because. We are all opinionated and we all think we know best and we all have 792 quirks that make us us. And so many people say I love you anyways. I say NO! I love you because! We are all lovable. We all have things that make us us. We all have reasons that make us believe what we believe. We all have actions that make us us. We all have self.
I leave you with my favorite line from the musical:
I love you because you are not the person I dreamed of at all!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It is so something you would do! I Love You and Miss You! Let's do lunch when you have time and I'm not working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully written! and in those past three words, I misspelled two of them! Thank God for Spell Check and Thank God for YOU!

    ReplyDelete