Monday, March 29, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes and other passing ideas!

I had so many first’s today that I will have to put up multiple posts.
My first one happened in Wally World. I don’t know if it’s because I am about to turn 40. Or if I am really desperate. Or if I have just given up all reason and have decided to go with all of my natural impulses. That last thought is a little scary-even for me!
Well, today at Wally World I spotted a very nice looking creature. I have run into them all around town and we’ve even joked about stocking each other. But, shy as I am…I have done nothing. So as we both finish our shopping, and they go one way and I go another I am saddened by my lack of courage to step out of my comfort zone and ask them out.
So, as I get into my car, and pause to let a car go by me…It’s them. In the car in front of me. It’s fate. I must do something. Ask them out. Ask them if their married. Just do something. Of course this is all running thru my mind as we are driving down the busiest street we have in town. I am watching every move they make inside the car. And yet, I’m not sure that they have even seen me. We stop at a light. Do I get out and ask to go get coffee? No, I sit still. We come to another light. I could just say something nice about the car! But I say nothing.
And then it hits me, “Fried Green Tomatoes.” I have awesome insurance. I can run into them and get a date or at least a longer conversation then just Hi and Bye, preferably both. I am actually considering it. There is something drastically wrong with my brain. As I finish my debate in my head I notice the car in front of me has their blinker on. This is not the way I need to turn. This is not the way to coffee. This is not the way into my future. I could hit them. Just a little nudge. Just a small tap. The light is going change.
I do nothing. But, at the last minute, I noticed that they looked up into their rearview mirror. It’s now or never. My hands come of my wheel. My brain stops controlling my actions. So, I have my windows down and my hands up and I am shouting Good Bye at the top of my lungs.
Nothing! I think I might have gotten a small wave and a nod. But I will never know, because the next time we pass each other, my head will be down and I will play dumb and pretend to not see them.
I do have to say it was fun dreaming for just a moment. Who knows, they could have been the one. Or they could have been the one that would have totally destroyed my life. Either way the moment has passed and life continues. I will have more opportunities for firsts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment